Tiny Home Or Cabin Decorating Tips•
Posted on April 21 2023
Do you have a tiny home, cabin, or "She Shed" that you are wanting to decorate or touch up? Tiny homes are a tremendous trend and decorating a tiny cabin can be such a fun and rewarding project. You can easily create a cozy, rustic, and comfortable space that reflects your personality and style. Here are some tips that can inspire you.
- De-clutter your space and keep only the essentials. A tiny cabin (or any home!) can easily feel cramped and messy if you have too much stuff. When it comes to small spaces, less is definitely more. It may be difficult but get rid of anything you don’t love or need, and store the rest in clever ways, such as under the bed, on shelves, or in decorative baskets.
- Choose a warm and earthy color palette for your walls, such as brick red, spruce green, rich brown, or golden yellow. These colors will make your space feel more like a log cabin and create a cozy atmosphere. You can also paint some walls white to brighten up your space and make it look bigger.
- Natural materials, like wood and stone, will add texture and character to your space. You can use wood for your floors, furniture, shelves, or accents. Stone is beautiful for your fireplace, walls, countertops, or floors. Shop at flea markets, yard sales, discount stores, or home improvement stores for these things.
Adorable Tiny Home with Plants, Wood Floor, and Ambient Lighting
- Use cozy textiles to make your space more comfortable and inviting. You can use rugs, pillows, blankets, curtains, or upholstery in soft fabrics like wool, flannel, faux fur, or velvet. Choose colors and patterns that match your wall color and wood tone. You can also use natural items like hides and leather for a rustic touch.
- Lighting is important to set the mood and create a warm ambiance. We especially love ambient lighting that you can get from candles, lanterns, string lights, or lamps to create a soft glow. Within a small space, you'll want to avoid harsh overhead lighting that can make your space feel cold and sterile.
- Use upcycled or repurposed items to add some personality and rustic charm to your space. You can find natural rustic décor outdoors like antlers, branches, pinecones, or rocks to use as wall décor or end table accents. If you are crafty, you can also use old doors, windows, crates, or barrels as furniture or storage.
- Use simple and airy accessories to keep your space from feeling cluttered or cramped. Adding plants, flowers, wreaths, or garlands will add some color and freshness to your space and they always make your home feel warm and inviting. We love having Ivy over our kitchen cabinets. It feels like we've brought the outdoors inside. Who doesn't like a beautiful outdoorsy look and feel? If you have dark wood and/or stone, try using white or light-colored items to give contrast.
Hopefully some of these tips will be helpful for you to decorate your tiny cabin in a beautiful way! Don't forget that there are so many inspirational decorating ideas on the web using places like Pinterest.
May God bless you and yours. Till next time ...